If you already have a Playstation 5 you can also use your DuelSense controller for your Computer. The new DuelSense controller is pretty solid, why purchase a different controller to use on your PC. When you have a Duel sense already. Now I will be honest, some of the features on the DuelSense controller can’t be used. Like the haptic motors and adaptive triggers. Because Sony does not offer any drivers for your computer to be able to support some of the extra features that the dual sense has. I don’t think we will be seeing those drivers anytime soon or at all for that matter. But you will be able to use the basic functionality of the controller to be able to play games. Trust me, certain games just can’t be played on PC. Imagine trying to play FIFA with WASD? It just doesn’t work out.
Now there are two options for you to connect to your PC the wired and wireless (
Bluetooth.) For most, connecting by the wireless method would be the best option. But you can connect it through a wire, which shouldn’t be too much trouble since most users sit close to the PC.
How to Connect DuelSense controller Wired Method
This is about as straightforward as you can get. Simply plug in the dual sense controller into your PC. Please note that you will need to have a USB type C cable as that is what the dual sense controller takes. If you don’t have a USB type C cable then you should just go ahead and use the wireless method.
How to Connect a Dual Sense controller Through Bluetooth
- On your computer Go to System Settings > Bluetooth & other devices. you also press the Windows key and search “Bluetooth” in the search bar.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. The toggle will be Blue.“Now discoverable as <PC name>.” will be listed underneath.
- At the top of the controller near the USB-C connection, there is a sync button. Press and hold the button until you see a green light.
- On your computer click “add BlueTooth or other devices “.
- A list of available devices should appear. Select ” Wireless Controller” to start the pairing process.
- Once the pairing process is completed. You will see the word “connected” on your PC. Also, there should be a LED on the controller will turn on.
There you go an easy way to connect your duel sense controller to your computer. You can do a similar method if you have a joy con too. Just follow these steps on how to connect your Joy con controller to PC.
How to use your duel sense controller with Steam
Once you connect your duel sense controller to your computer you most likely going to be wanting to play some games with it. For most games when launching steam should already recognize that the device is connected. But this may not be the case.
Once you launch steam select big picture mode then proceed to do the following.
- Goto Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings
- Then select ” Playstation Configuration Support” This will enable the default layout for the Playstation Controller.
- The default layout is a Xbox controller if you are ok with this then save the config. or change it to how you want.