Project Hydra, an overclocking program is now available to download. Which is brought to you by Yuri Bubliy (@1usmus). Yuri is the creator behind the Ryzen DRAM calculator and ClockTuner for Ryzen overclocking software. Project Hydra was originally designed to get as much performance as possible out of AMD’s Zen 3 processors. The best part of all is that Project Hydra is completely free to use.
The project started development earlier this year. With the idea to give more control over Ryzen cores and voltage boosting. Effectively replacing the AMD algorithm that is built into the 5000 series. You will now be able to create profiles to customize the core voltages and frequencies. Or use prebuilt profiles that are designed for any workload, whether they be single-threaded, multi-threaded, idle, or AVX.
Essentially Project Hydra is an auto-overclocking program that replaces the current algorithm that comes with the Ryzen 5000 series. Allowing you to customize and tweak the settings to your liking.
Now project hydra is not completely free, There are two versions. The freeware version and the Pro version. The pro version adds extra features such as an auto-update checker. Manual FFT and VID manipulation for the Core CO and CCD. But these features won’t add any benefit to 50% of the Ryzen processors. So it’s not necessary to buy unless you know exactly what you are doing. Allowing the majority of users to be able to use the free version of the software.
Finally, when overclocking, All adjustments that you make on your processor or GPU. That is outside of its stock settings will void the warranty. Even if you are using the Ryzen master overclocking software to do so. So Always proceed with caution when overclocking your hardware.
You Can Download Project Hydra Here
- Requires: Zen 3 CPU like Ryzen 9 5950X, Ryzen 9 5900X, Ryzen 7 5800X, Ryzen 7 5700G, Ryzen 5 5600X and Ryzen 5 5600G
- Stable, overclocked (or XMP) DRAM.
- PBO settings – no matter. Disabled (Auto) Curve Optimizer (in UEFI).
- Recommended values for Manual CPU LLC (Load Line Calibration). ASUS – 3, MSI – 4, ASRock – 2, GIGABYTE – High.
- CPU Voltage – Auto (in BIOS). Offset is forbidden.
- Windows 10 build 2004 or newer. Windows 11 fully supported
- Chipset drivers or Ryzen Master – Not required
- Actual GPU drivers
- Power plan – Balanced (recommended)